5 Year Old Birthday Party Ideas
There are so many ways to celebrate your child’s 5th birthday party, all of which can be fun and exciting.
Having a party at home is always an option, but that generally comes with additional stress. Not only are you inviting multiple people into your home, but many of them will be 5 and under, which means it’s a high-energy event.
Urban Air’s party places for 5-year-olds take the hassle out of planning a memorable yearly event. Not only are our locations packed with exciting attractions, but we can assist with the entire party-planning process too. From party hats to tablecloths and food, we’ve got you covered.
However, this doesn’t mean you can’t still personalize the event based on your child’s interests and personality.
A few fantastic ideas for themed parties for 5-year-olds include:
- Princess party. Give the birthday girl a beautiful crown to wear and let her enjoy being the center of attention on her special day. You can also create custom party favors that include scepters, nail polish, and bracelets.
- Pirate themed birthday party. Arrr matey! If your child is a sucker for adventure, a pirate party is perfect. Decorate your private Urban Air party room with pirate hats, flags, and parrots, and let the fun begin.
- Superhero party. Encourage kids to come dressed up as their favorite superhero or let them create characters of their own. Think capes, tights, and masks, all of which will make for some memorable photos, especially when they start bouncing on our trampolines.
- Sports theme. Living with a budding sports star? Why not make it the theme of their fifth birthday party? Depending on their sport of choice, the party decor ideas are endless. What’s more, the many attractions at our adventure parks will help them show off their skills.
- Beach party. Ideal for the summer months, a beach party allows you to get colorful with your decorations and party favors. Beach balls, buckets, spades, and umbrellas can all be used to turn your table or party room into an unforgettable celebration space.
- Monster party. Kids love to play dress up, especially at this age. A monster-themed party is the perfect excuse for all your guests to have some fun as their own spooky characters.
- Pizza party. When you choose Urban Air as your celebration location, it’s easier than ever to throw a pizza party, and what preschooler doesn’t love pizza? Plus, we’ll make all your pizzas from scratch on the day – freshness guaranteed.
- Construction themed birthday party. Have a little boy who loves helping you fix things at home? A construction themed party could be just the thing to make his day. What’s more, this is a theme you don’t see very often, which will leave you with some memorable photos.
Why Active Birthday Parties are Great for 5-Year-Olds
Let’s face it, preschoolers are one of the most active age groups; they require ongoing engagement. Even more so when you’re dealing with a group of preschoolers.
By choosing an active birthday party for your 5-year-old, you won’t need to:
- Plan several different activities such as relay races, finger painting, or water games to keep them entertained.
- Purchase extra items such as board games for the day, helping you stick to your party budget.
- Worry about the after-effects of that sugar rush following an afternoon of cakes and snacks.
- Be concerned about entertaining the adults at your party because you’re too busy entertaining your child and their friends.
An active birthday celebration is fun for everyone involved, including the adults.
Why Choose an Indoor Party for Your 5-Year-Old
Naturally, you want your child’s birthday party to go off without a hitch, which is why so many of today’s parents are opting to host indoor celebrations.
Not only will the kids have fun playing, but you won’t need to worry about the weather. There’s nothing worse than coming up with the perfect party idea only for storm clouds to roll in. Moving an entire party inside at home is a stress you don’t need to deal with.
All of the activities at Urban Air locations are inside, which means the weather is one last thing you will need to worry about on the day.
Birthday Party Activities for 5-Year-Olds
While classic party games such as musical chairs, ring toss, or a treasure hunt are fun, they will only keep children busy for so long. This is just another reason why Urban Air adventure parks have become the preferred party places for 5-year-olds.
It should be noted that each of our venues has different attractions on offer, but some of the activities the birthday girl or boy can enjoy at our parks include:
Let your guests burn off some energy and enjoy each other’s company on our trampolines for the 7 and under age group. Even the adults can enjoy some jump time on our ProZone Performance Trampolines.
Grab a putter and tee off on one of our tiny golf courses. Our mini golf courses are also neon-themed, making it even more fun to play a round.
This is ideal for groups and younger partygoers. Climb up platforms, crawl through tunnels, and zip down the slide to victory.
For some high-flying adventure time, there’s also our ropes course. Your kids will be safely strapped into a harness, giving them the extra confidence they need to test their balance and agility.
Our Spin Zone and Flip Zone bumper cars offer endless fun with friends. Ideal for kids who love cars but aren’t quite old enough to drive.
5th Birthday Party Invitation Ideas
5th Birthday party invitations are a big part of the lead-up to your child’s big day.
Fortunately, it’s easier than ever to create eye-catching digital invites, which saves on time and costs. Here are some ideas and tips:
- If you’re opting for a themed party, incorporate it into your invite. You can do this by animating it, or you can get your child to play dress up and use their photo.
- Add each party guest’s name to their invite. It’s a great way to make each child feel special and included.
- Along with the party details, add in a link to the Urban Air waiver. This way, everyone can sign it ahead of time.
- Add a touch of music. Many of today’s digital invite sites allow you to add some musical flair to your birthday invitations.
If you would prefer to save some time, we also have some digital Urban Air birthday party invites that you can customize and download.
Birthday Parties for 5-Year-Olds: Top Tips
Throwing the best birthday parties for 5-year-olds doesn’t need to be complicated. Here are some tips to get you started:
- Keep the guest list simple. When it comes to younger children, it’s sometimes easier to keep birthday parties simple. 7 – 10 friends is usually more than enough for them to have a fun day that’s not overwhelming.
- Get them involved. A child’s party is always more successful when they get to have a say. Chat with them about the theme they would like and the type of cake they would prefer. They can also help you build the goody bags for the day.
- Structure the day. A more structured approach to the day can be less stressful. For example, you could let the party guests play for 30 minutes before you eat, take some photos, and cut the birthday cake. From there, they are free to play as long as they want without interruptions.
- Consider the parents. If parents are welcome at your party, make sure there is enough food and drinks for everyone. You’ll be pleased to know that Urban Air locations have a cafe should you want to provide a separate socializing area for the grown-ups.
- Set a time limit. Preschoolers are still prone to crankiness, so you may want to give the party an end-time. 4 – 5 hours is more than enough time for them to enjoy some food and festivities, and play to their heart’s content.
Party Favors for a 5-Year-Old Birthday Party
Want to give your child’s guests something to take home? Here are a few ideas for items you can use to create unforgettable party favors.
This works particularly well for a pirate themed birthday party. However, with so many stick-on tattoo options available, you can mostly likely make this item work in any goody bag.
Keep them busy even after they’ve left your party by including a fidget toy in their take-home party bag. Pop Its are a fan favorite among this age group.
This is another item that can easily be incorporated with your theme. From superheroes to cartoon characters, finding themed lollipops is super simple.
Fun at any time of the year, glow sticks are something they will play with long after your party festivities have ended.
Almost every child loves to draw, especially on the things they’re not meant to. Send them home with some sidewalk chalk for hours of creative fun that can easily be washed off.
This inexpensive toy will always be a favorite among 5 – 7 year-olds. What’s more, you can usually purchase bubble wands in bulk, which can further save on costs.
Give them something to do with their friends after their big day by including a friendship bracelet kit. Just make sure the kit is age-appropriate.
Your party favors can be as elaborate or as simple as you want them to be. Even with a smaller budget, you can still give each child something special to take home with them.
Party Food for 5-Year-Olds
If you decide to host your birthday celebrations at an Urban Air location, you’ll be pleased to know that we take care of all the food for you. All you need to do is bring a cake along with you – cupcakes work too.
Your local Urban Air cafe can supply:
- Hot dogs
- Waffle fries
- Pretzel bites
- Mac n cheese
- Chicken wings
- Fresh veggie trays
Please note that each cafe’s menu is slightly different, so be sure to check the menu for your chosen location. Limited outside food is permitted at Urban Air locations.
Ready to Book their 5th Birthday Party?
Hosting a 5th birthday party is easy when you choose Urban Air. Between all the attractions on offer and the expert party planning assistance, all you really need to do is send your invites, bring your cake, and show up on the day.
Plus, with these fun ideas for themed parties and party favors, everyone will remember the day long after it’s passed.
You can book your party on our central Birthday Party page, or you can call our Birthday Party Hotline at 800-960-4778.